Fall aeration and overseeding is recommended especially after a harsh winter to help strengthen and rejuvenate the lawn.
- Decomposes the thatch layer and reduces soil compaction.
- Allows moisture and nutrients to reach the grass roots.
- Creates holes in the lawn for grass and seed to germinate.
- Deeper Roots
- A Healthier, Thicker Lawn
- Greater Resistance to Disease and Winter Damage
- Reduced Thatch Buildup
The process of overseeding involves applying seed over existing grasses to thicken the lawn and produce younger grasses that are more durable and resistant to disease. It is beneficial to overseed in the fall because the moisture in the soil during the winter contributes to quick germination in the spring and over seeding after aeration allows the seeds to settle deeper in the soil. The seeds should be applied while the soil is still warm and be kept moist for at least two weeks.
Contact Green T Lawn Care today to learn more about our fall services or to request an estimate for aeration and overseeding.